Thursday, February 28, 2008

A little bit about me



I guess I should include some background. So here's a short biography:




I was born in Tennessee in 1980. Growing up in suburbia was generally very pleasant. After graduating high school, I went to the University of Kentucky where I majored in fraternity or history (I can't remember which but I do remember a lot of good times). I lived in Nashville for two years and (thanks to nepotism) worked in sales. In 2005, I returned to school at MTSU to get a masters degree in history.




I have to admit, the past three years have been some of the most transformative of my life. I love history and the experience of taking only history courses while working as a graduate assistant doing history was exceptional. Apart from the precincts of poverty and occasional stress, I realized that I could only be happy as a professional in the field of history. Despite this realization, a crucial problem remained; what kind of job could I get in history?




No comments: